As a Newport native, Jess Ann Kirby has spent her life discovering the magic and beauty of Newport, Rhode Island. With The Newport Guide, she brings you the best kept secrets and locals-only favorites for the ultimate vacation on the island.
Welcome to Newport!
There’s so much to love about Newport, Rhode Island. A town with a rich history, miles of scenic coastline, charming shops, opulent mansions and more. And with The Newport Guide, you can discover it all. Our members enjoy:
- Recommendations on where to stay, eat, drink, play and shop, all written by a native Newport local.
- Ideas for any type of trip—whether a romantic getaway, a bachelorette weekend, or a vacation with the whole family.
- Exclusive discount codes, just for members (coming in 2022!)
- Customized itineraries for long weekend trips to the island
- Recommendations for day trips, for unique off-island adventures
Meet your guide
Born and raised in the coastal New England town of Newport, Rhode Island, Jessica Ann Kirby grew up with a love for the ocean and the outdoors. After years of living across the U.S. in both Los Angeles and New York, Jess and her partner Craig left their jobs and returned home to Newport to put down roots in 2013. With the move, she launched her online blog and community at JessAnnKirby.com.
As her online following grew, Jess began sending more and more people recommendations for travel to her hometown. It soon became clear that there was a need for a comprehensive resource to help travelers plan their perfect trip to Newport—and so, The Newport Guide was born!
Both native to Newport, Jess and Craig split their time between Aquidneck Island and Vermont with their daughter, and rescue pets Fuji and Hunter.