let's go to newport!
Heading to Newport this winter? I've gathered up my packing must-haves to make preparing for your trip a breeze.
The packing list will be updated again as we approach spring and summer, so be sure to check back in April to plan for your warm-weather adventures in Newport.
The temperature in Newport during the winter can be anywhere from the 30s to the 50s. Wind is a big factor on the island and the closer you are to the water the windier (and colder) it will be.
Being on the ocean, the wind chill in Newport and on the island can make it feel pretty chilly. Layers are essential. Newport typically gets more rain than snow in the winter now. There is the occasional dusting but rarely is there any accumulation.
coats & jackets
- Warm insulated coat
- Light Insulated Jacket
- Wool coat
- Short/Long Sleeve Tees
- Sweaters (can be on the lighter side for spring)
- Workout gear (if you plan to do any hikes, beach walks, take a yoga class, etc)
shoes & boots
- Sneakers (comfy for walking)
- Booties (there are lots of cobblestone streets so go with block heels)
- Rain Boots
- Snow or waterproof boots
- Scarf (I love my cashmere travel wrap year round) and gloves
- Beanie (it can be super windy and cold on the water even in spring)
- Crossbody bag (when I travel I like a simple crossbody that fits my wallet and phone).
- Tote bag